The Terms and Conditions of Use (hereinafter referred to as the “Terms”) govern and apply to your access and use of www.statusapp.com and the application STATUS (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Service”).
By accessing this Service, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree with the Terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this Service. The Service is protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law across all jurisdictions. Team Status AS (“Company”, “we” or “our”) is the provider of the Service and has furnished these Terms. The Terms may be altered from time to time.
- You are solely responsible for the content and information that you post, upload or otherwise make available on and via the Service. You represent and warrant that all information that you submit upon creation of your account, or at other times, is correct. It is assumed that you are familiar with applicable law and regulations, and not use the Service in any way that violates any laws and regulations.
- In order to use the Service you need to be at the legal age of majority and at least 18 years old, because you need to be responsible for your actions and capable of entering into this agreement governed by the Terms. Anyone younger must be at least 13 years old and have their parent or guardian`s consent to these Terms. The parent or guardian will be responsible in all aspects of these Terms and must explain these and supervise you in the use of the Service.
- You agree and understand that there is no tolerance for Objectionable Content. In order to ensure that the Service provides the best experience possible for everyone, we strongly enforce a no tolerance policy for Objectionable Content. If you see inappropriate content, please block the originator to avoid further communications. You may also send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org to report Objectionable Content.
- Company may moderate all content and ultimately decide whether or not to remove a submission to the extent such content includes, is in conjunction with, or alongside any, Objectionable Content. Objectionable Content includes, but is not limited to: (i) sexually explicit materials; (ii) obscene, defamatory, libelous, slanderous, violent and/or unlawful content or profanity; (iii) content that infringes upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary right, or that is deceptive or fraudulent; (iv) content that promotes the use or sale of illegal or regulated substances, tobacco products, ammunition and/or firearms; and (v) gambling, including without limitation, any online casino, sports books, bingo or poker.
- You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password.
- The Service is for personal use only. You may not use the Service or any content contained in the Service in connection with any commercial purposes.
License of use
Permission is granted to download the necessary number of copies for your personal use of the Service. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the content;
- use the content for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained in the Service;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the content; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
This license may be terminated by Company at any time if you violate any of these restrictions. Upon termination of this license, you must delete or destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
When registering to use our Service, you will be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, phone number, city, and country to help improve your experience. Other users will be able to see your chosen profile picture, name, and country. Your accepted friends will in addition be able to see your city and phone number. When updating your status for your friends to see, you may add your location if you wish.
Instead of creating a profile by giving an e-mail and creating a password, users may choose to login with Facebook. When using Facebook login you will provide Company with access to your profile picture, name, e-mail, phone number and list of friends. We will never post something on your profile wall. Company is not responsible for any unwanted events arising from malfunctioning federation with Facebook.
We may use the information collected when you register, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the Service the following ways:
- To personalize user's experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To safeguard, improve, test and monitor efficiency.
- Develop and test new products.
- Monitor key figures such as total number of visitors, traffic and demographic patterns.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your PII unless we provide you with an advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our Service, website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Transfer of personal data
Company aspires to comply with EU-regulations on data protection. The Service is based and dependant on use of cloud computing. At the moment we are using services from Amazon. Amazon has promised that their services will be in compliance with the US-EU Principles. Amazon has a global infrastructure and will be able to transfer your information between their respective datacentres. By using our Service, you accept transfer of your personal data provided to us both to and between the datacentres used by Amazon.
Intellectual property rights
You agree to give Company a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide licence to use, reproduce, make publicly display, publish, translate and distribute any user content that you post on or otherwise provide to the Service.
You retain ownership of all rights, including intellectual property rights, in all content that you post to the Service.
You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks or other proprietary information without the express consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. If necessary, it will be your sole responsibility prove such consent.
Disclaimer of warranties
The content of the Service is provided "as is" and on an “as available” basis. Company makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
Company reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Service with or without notice.
Further, Company does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
From time to time, the Service will be unavailable due to both planned and unplanned maintenance.
Limitations of liability
In no event shall Company or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the Service, even if Company or a Company authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. In any event, Company’s liability is limited to the amount paid for the Service in the 12 months immediately preceding the event giving rise to the liability.
Company, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers and employees shall be indemnified from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney’s fees and cost, made by any third party do to or arising out of your use of the Service, or others use of your account.
Revisions and Errata
The Service may include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Team Status AS does not warrant that the Service is accurate or complete. Team Status AS may make changes to the Service at any time without prior notice. Team Status AS does not, however, make any commitment to update the Service.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nevertheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Present and future business model
Currently advertising is funding our business. In the future we may decide to pursue other means of monetization. In app purchases might be one of the abilities we will provide. The Service may offer additional products and services for purchase through an application store. In app purchases may include a free trial period, at the end of the free trial period you will be charged. To avoid any charges you must cancel before the end of the trial period. Further terms for in app purchases might be dependent on your device platform.
Termination of account
You may disable your account at any time.
Company may terminate or suspend your account at any time, for any reason without notice. Upon such termination or suspension, you are not entitled to any refunds for inn app purchases.
STATUS is a registered trademark.
This Term of Use are subject to the laws of Norway without regard to choice or conflict of law principles. You agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the court of Norway to resolve any dispute or claim that arises from this Term of Use. Oslo District Court will be the legal venue.